I would like to to a slightly reroganisation of the feature set.
1) Free and Open Source
The were some discussions (not in this forum) about the features
- free and open source
- license cost/fee
The argument was: "Free and open source implies no license cost"
I would like to retain this because the feature "free and open source (foss)" is very handy if you want to
collect only foss software
2) The features of "Podcatching" should be divided/distributed as follows:
2.1) Feature Group "Sync"
- Sync to iTunes
- Sync to PSP
- Sync to Mediaplayer
- Sync to iPod
2.2) Feature Group "Media"
- Windows Media
Note: Instead of a simple Yes/No-value I would like to introduce more sophisticated values:
download/external playing/internal playing
This meaning is:
download: these files can be downloaded (in fact, thats trivial)
external playing: an external player can be launched from the podcatcher
internal playing: the podcatcher contains a mediaplayer for this file format
The feature "Integrated Mediaplayer" can be dropped.
2.3) Feature Group "Download Handling"
- schedule downloads
- resume partial downloads
- limit download size
3) "Integrated burning to CD"
This feature should be added.
The Feature Group "Sync" or "Common Features" are good candidates. I prefer "Sync".
1) I think you need to differentiate between the cost and the source license:
free closed source
free open source
Also, any chance of having Windows 98 in the OS list, since 98 support is patchy.
the reorganisation of the features is done
Now I am going to contact the maintainers to update their features:
- the meda handling features should be updated (now you can specify wether the media is playable)
- the new feature "Windows 98 support" should be updated
- the new feature "integrated burning to CD" should be updated.
You are not logged in.